Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Friends with kids

My expectations
I walked into the theatre expecting to be entertained by a hilarious comedy on how friends' lives change when they start having kids. It only made sense that their remaining single friends would be driven away from the group thinking they'd never make the same 'mistakes'.

Of course, I also thought we'd see all kinds of family problems handled in the poorest/most comical way. Then, they'd make us realize these are inevitable phases of life which we do NOT need to take so seriously. The End


How it really went
Turns out, the story I created in my mind did not come to life; in exchange, I got an extremely funny and sometimes even crude dose of reality. Friends who's lives change drastically when they start having kids. Consequently making their single friends want to give it a try -cause of course, THEY can make it work-.

There's the couple struggling to survive, the one fighting to get their youth back and the other two -not a couple- trying to beat the system. Doesn't sound like much of a chick flick, huh?

Honestly, I'm still not sure how I feel about the story (being the opinionated type, this rarely happens). I guess I'm always trying to find the lesson and I haven't figured it out. I can say one thing, the cast is brilliant and if you're in any way like me, one of the things you'll find yourself wondering -throughout the entire movie- is WHY THE HELL JON HAMM IS WITH HER? sorry, had to say it.

Bottom Line:
* Do or don't: DO
* With: A friend (trust me, you'll want to discuss this forever)
* Where: Doesn't matter, you can watch it at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment