Thursday, March 8, 2012

potat-oh salad!

Potatoes and I go way back, we love each other and I'd never had potato salad! Yes, by choice but no, not ok. The idea of mayo and potato sitting in a deli fridge for days didn't help either. Point is, I tried it and lets just say, I'm not looking for a Potato-Salad-Addicts' support group any time soon. Hence the making of my own version.

Before boiling your small new red potatoes to perfection, add salt to the water and then wait for 9-11 minutes or until they're easily pierced by a fork but still a bit firm. 
For the next ingredients, drumroll… We're using sour cream, goat cheese, pepper, bacon & chives. If this doesn't sound heavenly to you, i don't know what does. (If you want it to be less of a calorie splurge you can use 1/3 less-fat sour cream and turkey bacon, microwaved 'til crisp, aprox. 1 min per strip.)

Cut the potatoes, crumble de bacon, chop the chives, crack the pepper, dollop the cream, add the goat cheese & fold it into deliciousness!

Enjoy! warm is better (and never will you read me saying this for anything else again. EVER)


No comments:

Post a Comment