Friday, March 23, 2012

casual cool

Have I mentioned my sister's one of my fashion icons? She has such a good eye and great vision to spot trends waaay before they happen that sometimes, I should trust her even more than I already do.

 
It's hard to find an outfit that works for your job (in her case at her restaurant) and a trendy dinner afterwards. This one does and you can even accessorize it with a light scarf and a cool bag.

The trick is to combine a reasonable number of textures & colors with, I'd say 1-2 prints (2 if accessorized) and then make a bold statement with the shoes.

Remember to make every detail count. If you have a bright mint pedi, choose shoes that show it. If your sweater has cute braiding in the back and your hair's long, put it up in a bun...

I'll just say this for the sake of using a line from one of my all time favorite musicals: You're never fully dressed without a smile!




No comments:

Post a Comment