Monday, July 2, 2012

playing dress up

I love my sister's style and I know I've said it a million times BUT I recently went home and (as usual) she surprised me with super cute outfits. Two stood out the most.

She wore this to go on a culinary tour downtown. Neon maxi skirt + super light beige knit + vintage cross body.

What I love about this outfit is the balance. A maxi skirt with a short, light knit. She let the skirt be the star of the show and used neutrals to compliment.

Second one is what she wore to a wedding. Just when I thought a world without mix&match outfits was utopic, she comes to the rescue.
Notice how nothing's the same tone (or style) yet it's it makes sense. Beige chunky sandals with lavender toe nails go perfectly well with a pale yellow lace dress. Add an envelope clutch and vintage ray bans to complete the look.

An updated Betty Draper meets… well, my sister! So chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment