Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sleep no more

The very much abandoned McKittrick Hotel, plays a crucial part in this intricate representation of Macbeth. Alongside creepy, Scream like masks; these two elements sort of prepare you for an experience that is, if nothing else, completely unexpected.

Luckily I had the opportunity to see the set all lit up a few days prior since a friend was interviewing the cast. This helped ease my nerves into Friday night.

In the intent of being respectful to what this play intends: an experimental theatre experience. I won't tell you what it's like BUT I will say this: I might not be into this sort of ideas but I can certainly appreciate quality.

The set, the music and the actors/dancers are so carefully detailed and so perfect for each's purpose, they elevate the experience.

To conclude I'll say I went in completely skeptical and came out feeling three things: 1. pride in myself for having completed the experience (almost like finding my way out of a labyrinth) b. somewhat embarrassed of how wrong I was and c. even though it's not my kind of entertainment, extremely glad I went.


Bottom Line:
*Do or Don't: Let's risk it and say DO
*With: Someone who can appreciate it for what it is (like it or not)
*Where: There's nowhere else to go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment